I came across this npr story on course Psych 1504 offered at Harvard. This class is also known as "Positive Psychology". Seemed like a counter cultural thing to teach in our information gluttonous society :-). I like the fact that the professor took himself of the tenure track to stay happy and that his name is Tal Ben-Shahar's which sounds really cool :-)!!
Here are his tips for happiness. (Go here for the actual news item)
- Give yourself permission to be human.
- Happiness lies at the intersection between pleasure and meaning.
- Keep in mind that happiness is mostly dependant on our state of mind, not on our status or the state of our bank account.
- Remember the mind-body connection.
- Express gratitude, whenever possible.
As I was reading through this list I realised that I had been working recently on 4-6 especially 4 and 6. How about you?
thanks to workhappy.net for the link.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment