Filed under: world
More out of necessity rather than need, I started to do this but man it is out of control now. I realised that a lot of things I read/surfed made my blog finger itch but it starting itching a little too much so I decided to delicious the links and revisit them. Oh boy, I had no idea how easily my curiosity is aroused by the world. So without further ado here is the list of stuff that interested me this past week.
- how NOT to do product package design. highly educational and amusing. must see if you are a fan of the ipod packaging scheme.
- This is so much cooler than google.labs.forever.beta.sets. It is the new site that was created as an example of using del.icio.us along with a relevance engine. seriously try it out, it has been scoring pretty high for me :: similicio.us
- The scientists had a freak reaction at Sandia national labs when they replaced tungsten with steel in one of their reactors and ended up with a momentary violation of basic physics. very cool:: link
- smart people say brushing with your left hand (right if you are a leftie) and doing sudoko puzzles on sundays will make you smarter, go figure:: link
Can someone tell me (a) why the list tags (tried both il and ol) do not render correctly in wordpress and (b) how do I turn of this annoying wysiwyg editor?
I have tons more links but I need to stop and see if I can thread them all together somehow.. 🙂
So why are none of my close friends blogging? if you are, how come I don’t know about it. let me know…
Jake, John, Corbett, Alex, Norman, Aswin, Kirk, Marat, Nishat, Ophelia, Jen, tollie, nick… so what’s up people? where are yall?
Filed under: comedy
A friend just pointed me today to this chris rock rant on raciscm :-). Very funny stuff… be warned, this is c.rock at his best so the language is colorful.
Filed under: entrepreneur
Guy as usual has a great post on starting business. There is an online version of the test and here are my results 😉
(gratuitous pic of guy, courtesy the good folks from Tickle.. it was so over the top i decided to leave it there)
You scored 70-89%!
(this would be me not Guy, I would assume Guy better score 100% in his own test)
eh! strange. I used the html generated by the Tickle site and I am not sure why but it seems a little over the top to have “Guy Kawasaki’s” picture along with the link. I was going to delete it but then I decided to let it stay to kind of lay it thick 🙂 all in all.. the test was not too bad. According to the answer key, my answers were the same as the “best suggest answer” 18/22 questions. So i am not sure why I scored in such a wide range 🙂 maybe there is more to the algorithm than a simple a % calculation.
Filed under: Uncategorized
Malita pointed us to our fun friday entertainment link for the week. Apparently she is miami and my future wife is austin. I am nyc as you can see below. Give it a whirl. I like that I am nyc:-). I am not sure why I like that but I would have been very dissapointed to be a houston or a dallas. Kim was born and raised in austin so I am not sure whether she likes it or not that she is ‘austin’. Kimmie? 🙂
|You Are New York|
| Cosmopolitan and sophisticated, you enjoy the newest in food, art, and culture.
You also appreciate a good amount of grit – and very little shocks you.
You’re competitive, driven, and very likely to succeed.
Famous people from New York: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Tupac Shakur, Woody Allen
I came across this post from alarm:clock earlier today, talking about the changing culture in Bangalore. I remember staying at the Park back in early 2002, the now famous I-Bar had just opened in Bangalore. It was packed for the first few weeks with most of the americans and europeans working in Bangalore. Since I was already at the Park I decided to go down and check it out. I was apparently so entranced with seeing a modern bar in Bangalore that I literally walked into the glass doors of the bar. Kinda like the dude in the new windex commercial. Anyways, having attracted more attention than I can handle I beat a hasty retreat with a lemon sized lump on my forehead. Ah the memories 🙂
Btw, if someone from Park is reading this. Guys clean up the website.
- if you have the hottest bar in the city. Give it an awesome website, build a blog around it, people will want to check its online presence so give them something.
- There is not much you can do about google caching your old site but pay attention. I initially found this page with broken links and then this page which is newer. Just a fyi.. 🙂